The people have spoken, and with around 80% of the vote, Aleheads will officially be calling all 16-ounce cans of beer “tallboys”. Thanks to all of our voters for helpingĀ  to put an end to our long, national nightmare.

Well now we’ve got an even MORE important question for Alehead Nation. We’ve all purchased our share of beautiful, shapely, 750ml bottles of craft ale. But, as far as we can tell, there simply isn’t a great nickname for these massive vessels. 22-ounce bottles have been dubbed “bombers” since time immemorial, but what about the even larger 750? I’ve listed a few suggestions (*cough cough* MAGNUS), but please feel free to add your own suggestion in the comments section below!

10 thoughts on “NAMING THE 750

  1. What’s wrong with “750” ??? and btw, 16 oz can = CRAP. At least until the boyz at Oskar B do their thing, but for the 51.99 years that I’ve been on this earthly plane, 16 oz = CRAP.

  2. I don’t know about you guys, but I call 750 ml vessels “beer bottles”. The real question, as I see it, is what do we call those tiny 12 oz things?

  3. “Magnus” isn’t the term in England? I thought everyone but France (and maybe the Weimar Republic?) had always called those Magnuses. My assumption was that the weird French wine rules were why they used something else.

  4. Here in the Netherlands a Magnum is 1,5 liters/507.21 oz.. But keep it Roman called it DCCL or septingenti quinquaginta (Latin for 750). So it can be: let’s buy an Septum of good ale.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s