Today’s links include the answer to that age-old question, “Would a rock FM station use an unrelated glamour shot to lure readers into a story about beer naming rights?” Hint: Yes.
* Allagash brewmaster confirms what we were taught in college: beer kills all germs. [Esquire]
* Good place to drink beer, bad place to check your phone. [Alamo Drafthouse]
* Perhaps the Aleheads wouldn’t hate on Guinness so much if they were drinking it at the source. [Slate]
* They’ve got Step 1 down (buying good beer), but they’ve neglected Step 2 (drinking it properly). Still, if Salon is talking about beer, can Women’s Health be far behind? [Salon]
* Apparently not. Glad there’s someone to tell the fairer sex that Miller Lite is “nasty.” [Women’s Health]
* They say every week is San Diego Beer Week, but this week more than most. [Sign On San Diego]
* Mmm, non-fictional fictional beer. [LA Times]
* Speaking of Homer’s favorite brew, the true inspiration comes forward. [WZLX]
* And if you think your local congressmen are stupid, listen to Alabama’s finest debating the recently failed Homebrewing Bill.
5 thoughts on “SMILEY’S LINKS OF THE WEEK”
Nice round-up, Smiley Brown. You’re a true hero, you know. Not many Aleheads could have slogged through that Women’s Health Magazine article. When a post lists Miller Chill as the best beer their panel tested, you know you’re out of your element…
Miller Chill has the distinction of being the only beer that I ever did an honest-to-God spittake with.
The Salon article brought up a point I was discussing with Piels this weekend- does the savory ‘umami’ flavor profile exist in beer?
Mushrooms are all kinds of umami-ful.
To be fair, Miller Chill tastes only slightly better than Bud Light Lime.
I’ll tell you what- when my Big Beer Boys pull something from the market in my area, sometimes that is a blessing! Good-bye Michelob wanna be fruity flavorless piss! When my customers bemoan their disappearance, I commiserate with them just a smidge, pause, then turn them onto craft beers with fruit adjuncts. I’m proud to say that I’ve made quite a few converts that don’t look back! It’s good to be the beer wench! ;p